The West of Scotland Badminton Group runs a B-Grade ‘Silver’ event every year at the Sir Craig Reedie Badminton Centre.
Players take part in the following events:
- Men’s Doubles
- Women’s Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
The event will return in 2024, with dates to be confirmed in the summer.
|Organisers||West of Scotland Badminton Group|
Sunday 12 March 2023
Players must be available for the whole day
Sir Craig Reedie Badminton Centre (6 Courts)
40 Bogmoor Place, Glasgow, G51 4TQ
Scottish players must be affiliated to BADMINTONscotland.
Non Scottish players must be affiliated through their National Associations to BWF.
|Shuttlecocks||Yonex AS 30 shuttles will be used on the day.|
|Catering||Café facilities will be not be available in the venue, therefore players should bring a packed lunch with them.|
|Draws||The draws will be available on tournamentsoftware before the event takes place.|
|Questions||Please email Keegan Friel on email@example.com if you require further information.|
We will be posting updates on social media during and after the event. You can follow us here:
Team Competition Regulations
YONEX WEST OF SCOTLAND SILVER
TOURNAMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The tournament will be conducted under the rules of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) and to the tournament regulations of the Scottish Badminton Union.
- All events will be played in accordance with the BWF Laws of Badminton. Details of these Laws can be found on the Badminton Scotland website www.BadmintonScotland.org.uk and the BWF website www.bwfbadminton.org.uk
- Yonex feather shuttlecocks will be used.
- Players absent when called on to play will be scratched.
- A separate entry must be submitted by each player.
- No pair shall be accepted for a Doubles Event unless Entry has been received from both players. Players indicating “partner required” will be paired where possible.
- Online entry preferable at www.tournamentsoftware.com. Start times will be emailed to competitors. If you cannot enter online, please contact Keegan Friel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Late entries are unlikely to be accepted. Late entries may only be accepted at the discretion of the Tournament Director. There is a financial penalty of £5 per event for late entries to these Championships. The Committee also reserve the right to refuse entry.
- No entry will be accepted from any player who has taken part in any unauthorised Tournament, League or Match.
- The tournament will be conducted according to the tournament regulations of Badminton Scotland.
- Intervals not exceeding 60 seconds during each game when the leading score reaches 11 points and 120 seconds between the first and second game and between the second and third game where appropriate shall be allowed in all matches.
- Subject to entry and court-time available, there will be a consolation event for all first tie losers in level doubles and mixed doubles. If entries are low in any one event, the event may be played as a round robin.
- CLOTHING / ADVERTISING: Clothing and advertising must confirm to the BWF Regulations.
- Any player withdrawing from the event without prior notification either by telephone or email shall be reported to Badminton Scotland who may then take appropriate action.
- Entry to the event will include automatic permission to be included in any photography or footage of the event, including posting on social media platforms and use for promotional purposes. Players MUST advise the Tournament Organiser on arrival at the event if they do NOT wish to be included in this.